Monday, May 26, 2008

Sun Solaris, Kerberos and Active Directory

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Pat Patterson who is Sun's Federation Architect. It's always a treat to meet fellow bloggers. As I was perusing Pat's blog I came across his post about "Using Kerberos to Authenticate a Solaris 10 OS LDAP Client With Microsoft Active Directory". It's definitely worth a read for obvious reasons. The only thing I didn't like about the article was the all caps admonition in the introduction:

THE SOLUTION DESCRIBED IN THIS PAPER SHOULD BE TREATED AS PROOF OF CONCEPT AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PRODUCTION.

Yuch. I hope that changes someday.

Anyway, it is certainly a step forward and nice to see Sun explaining how to enable their machines for joining Active Directory domains. Nice job.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

No comments: