Monday, January 08, 2007

SPOT hits the spot?

In my post "Zunes are on the shelf and I’m worried!" I mentioned how at the Microsoft company store there was a dusty display of MSN SPOT watches and how I hoped the Zune didn't end up in a similiar dusty corner.

Today I saw this press release which actually made me think that perhaps there's still a chance that SPOT can hit the spot...

Today at the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Microsoft Corp.’s Smart Personal Objects Technology (SPOT) Group announced the availability of MSN® Direct navigation services and announced that Garmin International Inc. will be the first to offer the new MSN Direct service to Global Positioning System (GPS) devices. Customers will be able to receive dynamic local information, including weather condition and traffic updates, movies listings, and gas prices.

I must say that I do like the idea of automated traffic and weather updates along with not only seeing where the gas stations are but how much they are charging for gas.

Neat.

p.s. I am using Windows Live Writer to write this post...

Technorati tags: ,

No comments: